Accounting & Administrative Associate (New York)
The Accounting & Administrative Associate, reporting to the Manager, Operations & Administration and the Manager, Finance & Administration, provides a comprehensive support system including office management, personnel support, scheduling management and financial and budgetary support for a fast growing, client-services organization.
Office Management - Oversees operational and administrative activities including:
- - Develops policies and procedures for visits and guests.
- - Maintains and creates appropriate online and offline filing systems.
- - Sorts and distributes mail daily.
- - Communicates and distribute all-staff announcements and manages follow-up.
- - Organizes and plans meetings, conferences and other events.
- - Maintains computer and internet system liaising with outside IT support.
- - Monitors the use of supplies and equipment and maintains inventory of office supplies.
- - Maintains front desk reception and manages office scheduling, particularly for SMT.
- - Facilities maintenance.
Personnel/HR Management - Supports the Manager, Operations & Administration in personnel and HR management. Prepares and maintains all HR records and assists in the records and file management necessary, coordinating with Personnel policies including:
- - Keeps records of employees’ sick days, overtime and vacation in accordance with company policies.
- - Manages weekly time sheets.
- - Creates files for each individual employees including the administration and tracking of new orientation paperwork, onboarding information, benefits information etc.
- - Assists with recruitment scheduling and sourcing.
Budget & Financial Procedures - Assists in developing financial and bookkeeping systems including:
- - Credit card billing and coding.
- - Invoice management and payment.
- - Light accounting/bookkeeping-daily entry.
- - Monitors and manages external vendor and consultant contracts.
- - Coordinates figures for budgets and assists in the preparation of worksheets and estimates for year-end closings.
- - Develops and maintains central files and assists in the development of an online centralized database for records (HR, Finance & Office).
The ideal candidate will be an exceptional project manager, able to both view projects at a macro level while keeping track of the most granular of details. S/he must be unflappable, with excellent people skills. While no one candidate embodies all the qualifications enumerated below, the ideal candidate will possess many of the following attributes and experiences:
- - Detailed oriented with the ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced client service environment.
- - The flexibility, energy and attention to detail needed to manage rapidly changing priorities.
- - Enjoys a team-oriented environment.
- - At least 1-2 years relevant experience as an office manager or administrator.
- - Basic knowledge of accounting or finance.
- - Budget management experience.
- - Expertise in Microsoft Office and general accounting software.
- - Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- - Associates or Bachelor’s degree, plus additional related college courses or professional training preferred.
How to Apply
Please email cover letterand resume to Jobs [at] globalhealthstrategies.com. Include "Accounting & Administrative Associate" in your subject line. We will contact you if your background matches our job qualifications. Please no phone calls.
GHS is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply.