Vice President (New York)
About the Position:
Global Health Strategies is seeking a Vice President to spearhead and drive strategic advocacy, communications and media relations campaigns on behalf of GHS’ clients and their initiatives, especially focused on development of and access to new health technologies such as vaccines, and on issues related to major infectious diseases, maternal and reproductive health, and emerging health challenges in developing countries.
This is the ideal position for an intelligent, motivated and passionate senior professional who has a sophisticated understanding of an evolving global health and/or media environment and a strong background in global health advocacy. The individual should also possess superb diplomatic and client relations skills and an energetic and flexible management style. We are seeking someone who can thrive in a fast-paced, demanding and entrepreneurial environment.
The Vice President will report to GHS Principals and be a member of the Global Senior Management Team.
Specifically, the Vice President:
- - Oversees a range of high-profile global health accounts, developing and implementing advocacy and communications strategies
- - Manages client relationships, ensuring the needs of the client are met and keeping other senior managers and firm principals appraised of project development
- - Guides and directs every aspect of GHS services under his/her management, from strategic plans to materials to client and stakeholder relations
- - Manages and mentors the team’s Directors, Managers and junior staff
- - Creates and tracks project workplans and budgets to ensure successful and timely completion of client deliverables
- - Attends frequent domestic and international meetings and events both with clients and alone, on their behalf
- - 15+ years of experience in global health advocacy or communications
- - Proven ability to assist with organizational growth, drive profitability and success at cultivating new or expanded business opportunities
- - Ability to function in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment and exhibit strong project management skills, balancing discipline with flexibility
- - Excellent leadership and talent management skills; ability to manage, mentor, motivate and inspire staff and colleagues
- - Experience managing cross-client, cross-office and cross-cultural challenges, including staffing, resource allocations, organizational development, knowledge management, etc
- - Ability to produce (and to mentor GHS staff to build their own teams to produce) client ready documents across the full range of GHS services
- - Excellent oral and written communication skills
- -Creative and collaborative management style with hands-on approach to project management
- - Strong sense of professional and personal ethics
- -Able to frequently work nights and weekends to accomodate overseas clients and offices and immediate requests for deliverables.
- - Overseas work experience, particularly in developing countries; willingness to travel overseas
- - Foreign language skills a plus
- - Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- - Positive, energetic attitude; enthusiasm and a sense of humor
How to Apply
Email resume and cover letter describing relevant experience and interests, and writing sample to Jobs [at] globalhealthstrategies [dot] com. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Please, no phone calls. Please include "Vice President" in the subject line.
GHS is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply.